I suppose that most of you know where Indianapolis is. I suppose that most of you could find it on a map if you didn't know where it is. Well, that's where I am. That's right. From way across the U.S. of A. I hear that it might be snowing there soon (if it's not already). Good for you -- it's almost 65 degrees here.
I just sat in meetings with half a dozen famous authors, including Bell Hooks, Hank Stuever, Ted Kooser, and others. It's great to hear an author speak and get to know a little bit about how they think and talk and interact with us normal, non-famous people.
My question to you guys is this -- if you could meet with, talk to, or sit in a big auditorium and listen to any author you know of, who would it be? Why?????
Here's the assignment:
- Responding to this post, click on COMMENTS underneath these instructions.
- Read through any other previously posted comments.
- Click on POST A COMMENT at the bottom of that whole page.
- Write your comment, include your FIRST NAME AND LAST INITIAL ONLY and then click on POST ANONYMOUSLY.
- Look at the main post again to make sure yours showed up.
- Have a great weekend. You have until Sunday night (midnight) to do this.
p.s. If you respond seriously (my call) and thoughtfully (my call) to another student's comments, you'll get E.C.